The World Culture Forum 2005 at Dead Sea / Jordan joins issues from cultural stakeholders worldwide with a regional agenda from the Arab World.
Digitization and new types of cultural behavior are producing dramatic structural changes to the cultural industries in general. Worldwide modernization brings cultures into confrontation in areas such as the media, tourism or migration. Today the question is: will a regressive form of globalization dominate, with market concentration and unlimited economic power of the biggest players, or can new options for all be opened up?
At the 2nd World Culture Forum, today´s key questions of culture will be addressed: cultural property rights, the dual character of cultural goods and services, distribution and dissemination channels for cultural production, cultural impact assessment, the cultural role of corporate and independent media, international processes addressing the situation of cultures, artists and cultural workers.
Meet with key people from the Arab Region as well as from all around the world who are shaping the future of cultures:
- cultural policy makers
- funders and donors
- leading artists and cultural workers
- theorists, researchers and media representatives
Get insight on the hot topics of culture worldwide:
- developments in cultural property rights
- distribution and dissemination channels for cultural production
- the cultural role of corporate and independent media
- international processes affecting the situation of cultures, artists and cultural workers.
Join the 2nd World Culture Forum
- Submit papers and presentations to the conference
- Contribute to the marketplace of ideas and opportunities
- Participate in the cultural program